- Ballet: Leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Hair in a bun.
- Jazz / Lyrical : Leotard and tights or leggins. Jazz shoes
- Tap: Leotard and tights or leggings. Jazz taps preferred.
- Hip-Hop: Comfortable clothing, not too baggy. Dance sneakers
FOR THE DANCERS HEALTH AND SAFETY, NO OUTSIDE SHOES PERMITTED FOR USE IN A DANCE CLASS. NO EXCEPTIONS. DANCE SHOES ARE NOT TO BE WORN OUTSIDE.
- Come as early as you can to warm-up.
- Be on time and ready to enter the room after the previous class is finished.
- Chewing gum and eating is not allowed on the dance floor.
- No jewelry.
- Hair must be secured in a bun for ballet, pulled back off of the neck for all other classes.
- Movements other than the one being addressed by the instructor should not be practiced during that time.
- Do not lean on the barres.
- Listen to all corrections given to you and the other students in class.
- Do not talk during class.
- Students must show respect to the teacher and fellow dancers.
- This is a place of business; students/families must conduct themselves in a quiet, manner in waiting area.
- No running.
- Make sure to wear your street clothes over your dancewear when going outside of the studio.
Give it your best! And Look Good!
At Step 2 This our goal is to provide a safe, pleasant, positive atmosphere for instruction in the technique and skill of dance- to enhance the dancer’s poise, gracefulness, self-confidence, stage presence, self-esteem and most of all, love of dance. Catering to the 3-year-old looking to take their first dance class to the dancer looking to compete, we strive for every dancer to gain the proper dance technique necessary to be the best dancer they can be.
Kimberly has been dancing for over 25 years studying Ballet, Tap, Jazz, and Modern, she is also a Certified Acrobatic Arts Instructor. After performing in and around the Chicagoland area and graduating from Columbia College Chicago with a BA in Dance in 2005, she fell in love with the rewarding experience of teaching. After teaching for 10 years she decided to pursue her dream of owning a dance studio and in September of 2014 she formed Step 2 This Dance Studio. First sharing space in 2014, and thanks to the devotion of her students, her own space in 2015.
Dance empowers and defines self esteem, discipline, creativity and confidence. Our goal is to provide quality dance instruction through caring, professional instructors in a friendly atmosphere.